Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who is this Colorado Wine Blog chick and what business does she have writing about wine?

Welcome to the blog of a Colorado wine noob. I am not a wine expert. I am not blogging for a winery. I haven't the foggiest notion of how to score wines or how the hell those who do can pick out words like "raspberry, nicotine and leather" to describe them when all that occurs to me is "smells nice" and "tastes yummy". I didn't even know what "corked" meant until last week, a story I'll save for a later post.

I only really started to get into wine at all two years ago. I will hold a glass of French chardonnay in one hand while taking down notes about Chinese Economics with the other. I take a half-empty bottle of rioja out of the fridge to warm after working all day in a cubicle for an internet marketing firm. I spend too much time on Twitter considering what the female equivalent of a "douchebag" would be with my buddy Dave. (We have a strong contender in "skunty twatwaffle", but no final verdict has been rendered.)

So am I qualified to comment on wine? From a snob's perspective, probably not. I am many things, but a wine snob I am not. What I do have is a writing degree, some SEO know-how, a growing network, three-quarters of an MBA degree, and a compelling subject which lends itself nicely to goofy stories that prove that wine isn't just the province of the cultural elite. Wine can belong to Skunty McTwatwaffles like me who aren't afraid to use words like "twatwaffle" in a wine blog.

So greetings, and welcome. Tonight I'm sipping on a 2006 Cabernet Franc from Canyon Wind Cellars, a cute little winery over in Palisade, which is Colorado's wine country. It's nice stuff, full and mellow. A good Econ homework wine that went nicely with my dinner.

Speaking of Econ... I should go study some of that.

3 comments:

  1. may I contact you directly to see if you would like to meet with a winemaker coming through Denver? Thank you. 707/963-9632

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, send me an email at lehmann75 at gmail dot com. I'm open to meeting for coffee sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relay very happy to read this topic thanks for sharing...

    ___________________
    rozy
    Increase your brand popularity overnight

    ReplyDelete