Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A post is coming, I swear...

The wine this past weekend was incredible, and I can't wait to write about everything, but well, there's this pesky thing called "school" that is getting in the way for now.

I will say this, though, as a sort of teaser:

My friend Dave McEvers is kind of a wine genius. After the wine party on Saturday, I swear, we giggled ecstatically over how completely amazing the 2006 La Crema 9 Barrel Chardonnay was. Just remembering it, even days later, all conversation would abruptly halt. A serious conversation dissovles into laughter. He looks over at me with the smile of a kid on Christmas morning and says, "That chardonnay was killer, wasn't it? Wasn't it?"

That happened several times on Saturday after the party. Then all day Sunday. And a few times on Monday before I left for the airport.

Yes. It really was that good. I'm back in Colorado now, and he's still talking about it. I'm trying to track down a bottle of my own, even of a different vintage, to take home with me for Christmas. It would be an amazing Christmas dinner wine to share with my family.

I'm going to shoot for Thursday for that post. How does that sound? Just let me get through my class tomorrow. Do we have a deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment